Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hard Fighting Brock Lesnar and akebono

Brock Lesnar made an immediate impact in MMA in his 69 second debut win over Min Soo Kim in 2007, and he has continued to shock the world ever since. A 2000 NCAA Division I National Champion in wrestling, Lesnar made a positive impression in his first two UFC bouts against Frank Mir and Heath Herring, but at UFC 91 in November of 2008, he showed why he is one of the most feared fighters in the sport as he defeated Randy Couture to win the UFC heavyweight championship.

When and why did you start training for fighting?
I started training full-time specifically for MMA in 2006. I trained briefly in MMA during my college days. I always thought I would enjoy fighting, but, due to NCAA rules, I couldn’t try it while I was in college. When I finished wrestling in college (in 2001), there just wasn’t enough money or opportunity in fighting and WWE made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
What ranks and titles have you held? UFC Heavyweight Champion

Do you have any heroes?
None.

What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC?
It means I have the chance prove that I can compete with the best fighters in the world. It’s an honor.

Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?
I went to college, but did not complete my degree.

What was your job before you started fighting?
I grew up on a dairy farm and there was always plenty of work to do. After finishing my final year of college wrestling, I went right into professional wrestling with WWE. After WWE, I took a shot at the NFL.

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition?
As an amateur wrestler, I was a four-time All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion and NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion.

Specific accomplishments in pro competition?
WWE Champion.

Sources:http://www.ufc.com/BrockLesnar

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP